1. I started a 'ten random things' cascade! My ten random things post inspired others to post ten random things, and those posts begat other posts which begat other posts, and so it goes on. If you joined the fun and I haven't commented on your post yet it's almost certainly because I haven't seen it, but if you share a link below I'll be sure to pop by.
2. I found anotherwild apple tree, a crab apple this time ... I seem to have morphed into some kind of apple tree finder! This one overhangs a stream that runs down through a fold in the hills, and I don't imagine that anyone much else knows it's there because it's in such a remote spot. And a pretty spot, with the water tumbling down over mossy rocks into still pools, and a gentle rain of petals all the while.
3. On my (decidedly random) shopping list this week: smocking dots, fridge door hinges, a flower press*, alpine strawberry plants, a new umbrella, and Doggles**. Obviously I also bought food!
4. Walking the whippets earlier this evening, along a bridle way we don't often choose, electric blue damselflies, the first I've seen this year, circling buzzards, and then, out of nowhere, a kestrel.
5. I absolutely adore ginger-beer (of the non alcoholic variety), and would argue that a picnic without it just isn't a picnic. Which might suggest that I was raised on a literary diet of Enid Blyton, but actually my mother disapproved of Blyton's books. You mention Noddy to her at your peril!
6. Hope is the thing with feathers***, and I'm reminded of it every day by two of the prints - lino cuts by Patrice - which hang in my studio. And every day that cheers me.
7. knitsofacto recently got a lovely mention in the Knit British podcast (at about 04.30), for which many thanks Louise. "Knitting, plus" she said, which sounds about right to me.
8. Bitey insects inevitably make a bee line for me (pun intended). I suspect I may taste of Green and Black's chocolate.
9. I'm married to a bear. Or rather to a man who's friends and family call him that. And I've been brainstorming ideas for a possible new blog name. The girl who married a bear was on the short list, until I discovered that there's more than one of us. The other one has a spectacularly good blog!
10. I always mistype brain as brian. Always have. Probably always will.
Would you play along again?
* Bailey's Home have a stunner, but whoa, the postage! £8.50!!
** Our miniature wirehaired dachshund, Wilbur, suffers from myoclonic seizures that are sometimes triggered by strong sunlight. His Doogles make summer bearable for him.
*** In the words of Emily Dickinson ...
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,
And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.
I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea:
Yet never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.
✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤
Follow the links below to subscribe to free updates via ...
And you can also now join me on Facebook or Pinterest